When substituting eggs and dairy in our baking mixes, there are various options you can choose from. Here is a guide to help you:
1. For replacing eggs:
- Applesauce: Replace each egg with ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce. It works best in cakes, muffins, and cookies.
- Banana: Mash one ripe banana to replace each egg in bread, muffins, and cakes.
- Yogurt: Use ¼ cup of yogurt per egg. Greek yogurt or plant-based yogurt works great. This substitution is perfect for pancakes, waffles, and quick bread.
- Flax Seed Meal: Use one tablespoon of flax seed meal and three tablespoons of water to replace one egg.
2. For replacing dairy:
- Non-dairy milk: Use any non-dairy milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk, as a 1:1 replacement for dairy milk.
- Coconut cream: Substitute an equal amount of coconut cream for heavy cream or whip it up to replace whipped cream in our recipes.
- Non-dairy yogurt: Swap regular yogurt with non-dairy alternatives like almond or coconut yogurt.
Remember to adjust the liquid content of the recipe if needed when using these substitutions. Also, keep in mind that taste and texture may slightly differ from using eggs and dairy, but are always delicious!